Banner
House fire in Belize City Print E-mail
( 0 Votes )
Written by Administrator   
Thursday, 20 July 2017 00:00

On July 16, 2017 at 3:30 a.m., police visited No. 3168 Supal Street, Belize City where they saw a building engulfed in flames and personnel from the fire Department on the scene. A plywood house measuring about 15ft by 25ft belonging to 24-year-old Devon Sankey, a construction worker, was completely destroyed by the fire.

Another house located in the same yard also made of plywood measuring about 20ft by 30ft belonging to 40-year-old Shern Williams received partial damages. She reported that around 3:29 a.m., she smelled smoke coming into her room and upon making checks she saw Sankey’s house completely engulfed in flames. He was not home at the time of the fire.

The Fire Department personnel classified the cause of the fire as electrical as their investigation revealed that the fire originated from an overheated television wire. Total damage caused has not yet been ascertained. Investigation continues