Banner
No Case File- Murder Suspect released Print E-mail
( 1 Vote )
Written by Administrator   
Thursday, 15 May 2014 00:00

On Wednesday May 14, 21-year-old Dion Brackett who has been on remand since January 5, 2013 for the murder of Marvin Foreman was released by Chief Magistrate Anne Marie Smith.

When the matter was called up, the prosecutor in the case, Sgt. Egbert Castillo told the court that he had no case file in the matter. With that the Chief Magistrate, Anne Marie Smith struck out the matter and told Brackett he was free to go home.

This is the second such case to occur before the Belize City Magistrate’s Court within a week on charges of serious offenses.

Just last week Monday, May 5, 2014, Brandon Smith and Alrick Smith saw their charges of four counts of attempted murder struck out due to no case files being present in court. They were free for 2 day, and by Wednesday, May 7, the old charges were brought back before the court again. Brandon Smith known as “Battery” was out on his bail at the time and when he was picked up back the next day and recharged for the old charges, he was denied bail and is now spending time on remand again.

The same can occur in the case of Brackett as he too can be picked up back and recharged for the old murder.

On Saturday, January 5, 2013, at around 3:00 p.m., 27-year-old Marvin Foreman was gunned down at the corner of Freedom Street and Central American Boulevard, just a block away from where he lived at the time on Louise Bevans Street in the Port Loyola area.

He was shot multiple times, as many as ten times from behind. He was at Bobo Shop when he was executed.

Last Updated on Thursday, 15 May 2014 14:56